Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hands-on!

Just a few photos from recent learning experiences...
Oobleck was a very popular way to explore solids and liquids. As I wrote in an earlier post, children from all four first grades rotated through four learning experiences that all related to solids and liquids. I love this picture, as it really captures the messy fun of Oobleck! The recipe was sent home, and it's very easy to make!
These boys LOVE having me take photos of the things they create. I could create an entire album with pictures of the wonderful things students build during their free time. Such great imaginations!
Our latest cooking creation related nicely to our solids and liquids unit. Mrs. Jones came in to help students make ice cream in baggies. The big bag had rock salt and ice and the smaller bag inside held cream, sugar, and vanilla extract mixed together. Then students shook the bags for about 10-15 minutes and voila--ice cream in a bag! They gave it rave reviews! The shake dance party was quite a sight to behold! I wish I would have caught it on camera, but I think you get the idea...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment