Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Important Book

We started another "All About Me" project last week--a class book based on The Important Book by Margaret Wise Brown. In Brown's book, she writes poetically about the importance of everyday things. I asked children to think of what makes them important and special, and they brainstormed many ideas. They then completed the following sentence and I scribed their words: The important thing about (name) is _______________." The children came up with some great ideas of what makes them unique.

Each student illustrated a page for our class book, and we recorded their "important statements" in the following video. Enjoy!

(Please note: I apologize that some clips are hard to hear...and one of the students was not in the room both times I recorded this. I will add him in soon!).


No comments:

Post a Comment