Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sketchcast

Today, students practiced number formation for the numbers 1 and 2 in math. They got to use their Everyday Math Journals for the first time! I invited children up to our interactive whiteboard to write one of the numbers for the class. Everyone modeled top-down formation. That is, we always start at the top when forming letters and numbers. They loved using our "Magic Pen" on the interactive whiteboard (which we refer to as the "Smartboard").

Tomorrow, students will review number formation and I will be modeling number writing using Sketchcast, a great movie-like tool available online. Check out a sample below. My microphone is not currently working, so you can't hear my voice. If you could, I'd be "coaching" about how to form numbers 1 and 2. And I was "writing" with my mouse, so pardon the shaky-looking number one! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment