Sunday, January 9, 2011

Staying Healthy...

Hello!

The title of this post is something I try very hard to do--for myself and my family. Staying healthy in the winter months can be hard, and 2011 has not started out in a very healthy way in my household! I had strep last week and now my son Patrick has Roseola. This was a new thing to me--not the strep (I get that almost annually), but the Roseola. The poor guy has a miserably high fever and is just uncomfortable.

So, the point of this message is to encourage everyone to remind their children of the importance of washing their hands thoroughly, drinking plenty of water, and eating healthy foods. I know we can do all these things and STILL get sick, but I have met some resistance to the hand washing thing recently in the classroom. I will keep reminding/reinforcing the importance of good hand washing habits. Also, your child is welcome to keep a water bottle in the classroom and to leave at his/her table spot to drink from throughout the day. I notice lots of healthy foods during snack time--keep it up!

Stay well (or get well, if your year has started like mine)!


Warmly,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment