Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ice Cream Social and Open House!



Hello, new first grade families! I am getting excited for the upcoming school year! Before we know it, it will be the first day of school. I hope that everyone received my letter in the mail in mid-July. There are two important events coming up before school starts--the annual first grade Ice Cream Social and Open House for 1st and 2nd grade students.


The Ice Cream Social is from 6:30-7:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 25th at UMS. It's for all UMS first graders and their families. We hope to be outside for this event. When you arrive, please look for me (I'll be wearing a name tag) and say hello. I will have your child's home-school folder available that night so you can look through the paperwork before the first day of school. If you can't attend the ice cream social, you can pick up your child's folder at the open house. The Ice Cream Social is an opportunity to say hello to me and the other 1st grade families--the classroom will not be open during this event.

The Open House is from 8:00-9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, August 30th. This is the time for your child to see the classroom before school begins the next day.

I hope to see everyone at both events, if possible! Feel free to email me at sorensone@csdvt.org with any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment