Thursday, May 2, 2013

Egg Turning, Book Reading

Each day, three students are selected to be the "Egg Turners" for the day. That is a big moment each morning, as I use the iPad app Stick Pick to randomly draw student names from a virtual can of popsicle sticks! So far, six students have had the opportunity to turn the eggs in the incubator. They need to be turned three times per day for the first 18 days or so of incubation. That means every student will get three chances to turn the eggs (and to wear these snazzy badges). The badges say, "I turned eggs today! Ask me how." If you want to see egg turning in action, watch for a tutorial video in the next few days (I'm having uploading issues tonight). 

The lucky FIRST egg turners!

Students are craving lots of time for reading these days, whether it be on their own or with friends, and I am more than happy to oblige. In fact, that wish is a first grade teacher's dream! I caught some happy readers in action today and wanted to share a few of the photos...
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment