Saturday, November 6, 2010

Gum (and spelling)!

I'm sure you've heard that students are allowed to chew gum for their spelling "check-ups." Brain research shows that students actually spell/write better while chewing gum. I'm all for doing what research proves! :-) Students LOVE taking spelling check-ups for the reason that they get to chew gum. Since I need to see how they're doing in spelling (and, let's be honest--spelling tests are not the most fun activity!!!), why not make it special?! I think they thought I was crazy when I asked them to open their mouths to show me their gum for a photo. 
P.S. Any gum donations would be appreciated. Just make sure there's enough for 19 students. Thank you!




Students hold their pencils in the air to show they are ready to move onto the next word. We prop up our SWR folders for privacy so everyone can do their OWN best job. 

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment