Monday, December 20, 2010

Hot Potato...or should I say, "Hot Gift"!?!

I always get the students a little something before our holiday vacation...a little gift to say thanks for being such a wonderful community of learners and happy holidays! This year, instead of wrapping 19 gifts and using so much paper, I decided to put everything in one box and wrap it up. We'll play a variation of "Hot Potato" with our mystery gift box tomorrow. Everyone will get to pull one bow off the box and then we'll unwrap it to reveal what's inside! So, when your child comes home with a little something extra, you'll know the source. (And thanks, Mrs. D in Michigan for planting the seed of this idea!) 

P.S. I don't want to create any confusion--We DO have school on Wednesday, but I wanted to give the gift a little early since Wednesday will be a busier day. :-)

I hope seeing this box gets students excited for our Morning Meeting tomorrow! :-)

A bit later...here are some photos as we prepared to unwrap the gift. Somehow I missed the actual opening of the gift! :-)







 

No comments:

Post a Comment