Wednesday, December 15, 2010

You CAN try this at home!

Today during our SWR time, I introduced students to a new website they can access during the school day and at home: SpellingCity.com. This has been available through the blog for a while now, but today I showed students how they can use it to help them practice their spelling skills. We tried the "Teach Me" and "Play a Game" features. I will be adding more spelling lists soon so that students can do activities with words that are at their own ability level. Today I showed students the games using a  red word list for practice. We all enjoyed it, and everyone who wanted a turn was able to come to the interactive white board. Hooray!

Learn spelling and vocabulary

We tried a Memory game with red words...the children LOVED how much better they were at this game than I am. And I was seriously impressed with their visual memories. Wow! Guess I need to play a bit more Memory around my house! :-)
HangMouse was a popular game...we had to guess the mystery red word before waking up the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment