Thursday, September 8, 2011

Launching the Writing Workshop!

We started Writing Workshop today! As with Reading Workshop, I was TOTALLY impressed by how well everyone did during this time. Today was a day to learn how to get materials ready to write during our Writing Workshop time, and we started with a mini-lesson about this. Students were able to write quietly for a full five minutes and I think they could have gone longer but it was lunch time. We have brand new writer's pens this year-a new type. Ask your child what they think of our fancy pens. I don't think it was the pens, but I certainly saw some fantastic writing today! I am very excited to keep going with Writing Workshop. It's one of my favorite subjects to teach. Here's a glimpse into Day 1 of our independent writing time. 







Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment